sobota, 21 września 2013

CARRINGTON



Lytton: They'll be bringing in conscription in a matter of weeks. We'll all be dragged in front of some appaling tribunal.
Woman: You'll have to be conscientious objectors.
L.: I'd rather go to prison, or down the mines. It'd be warmer. You'd meet a much nicer class of person, I'm sure.
Clive: Ottoline says she'll be able to helps.
L.: There must be compensation for having friends in high places.
Carrington: Don't you like Ottoline?
L.: I'm devoted to Ottoline. She's like the Eiffel Tower: she's very silly, but she affords excellent views. Will knitting scarves for the troops be classified as essential war work? [ He's literary knitting!!!! - M.P.] I'm so busy nowadays. I've been learning German as well. It's most disagreeable language.
C.: Then why learn it?
L.: Well, me dear, I mean, suppose they win.
(champagne cork pops)
L.: Oh! Ye gods. Can you imagine what war must be like?

(Movie by Christopher Hampton, Great Britain, 1995)






Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz